Make these deliciously crispy vegan churros with chocolate sauce for your next dessert offering! They’re easy and you likely have all the ingredients already at home!
Vegan Churros with Chocolate Sauce
What’s a light and delicious dessert to enjoy all year round? Vegan churros with chocolate sauce of course! Our love runs deep for churros; I first learned about them when I visited Disneyland for the first time. That cinnamon-y sugary goodness is so good, I’m pretty sure I inhaled it the second it reached my hands LOL!
I’ve always wanted to be able to recreate these at home and make them vegan style which turns out is really easy to do! The recipe comes together easily and you can bake or fry them if you wish!
What You’ll Need
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- teaspoon salt
- all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- granulated sugar (for coating)
- ground cinnamon (for coating)
- cocoa powder
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
While traditional churros are undeniably delicious, why not take them to the next level with some unique twists? Here are a few flavor ideas to spark your creativity:
- Matcha Madness: For all the matcha enthusiasts out there, mix some matcha powder into the dough before piping the churros. This will infuse them with a delightful earthy flavor. Serve them as is or dust them with a matcha-sugar blend.
- Nutty Goodness: Sprinkle some finely chopped nuts, such as almonds or pistachios, onto the coated churros for an extra crunch. You can even roll them in a mixture of crushed nuts and sugar to create a delicious nutty coating.
I hope you love these churros as much as our family does! Don’t forget to let me know what you think over on Instagram!
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Oil for frying
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chocolate sauce:
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
1. Pour 2” of oil in a pot/pan to medium heat.
2. In another pan add water, coconut oil, sugar and salt. Mix together until coconut oil melts and water boils.
2. Turn off heat when water boils and add flour. Mix until you get a dough. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
4. Add the cooled dough to a pastry bag. Create 4” long churros. Cut the ends off with a knife.
5. Fry in oil until golden on each side, about 1 min per side.
6. Once cooked, cool slightly and then toss with the cinnamon and sugar to coat.
7. To make the ganache combine the coconut oil, cocoa and maple syrup and melt in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to combine.
If you would prefer to bake them. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes turning over half way.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g