Have a lot of zucchinis kicking around? Make this delicious chocolate zucchini loaf that wouldn’t have you even thinking there’s zucchini in it!
Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Summer gardens are in full swing and that means you might be experiencing an abundance in zucchinis! As everyone is trying to gift zucchinis left and right you can be at the ready with this delicious vegan chocolate zucchini loaf. Trust me, this recipe will have your zucchini growing friends asking you how you made this masterpiece!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make this recipe you’ll need the following:
- dairy free yogurt
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- corn starch
- vegan butter
- dairy free chocolate chips
How It Comes Together
I like using my vitamix to blend all of the zucchini so it makes a nice smooth mixture versus shredding it. This step is totally up to you, but if you do do it like this, you’ll want to add the cornstarch in at this step. This helps thicken the mixture a little so your batter isn’t too runny. From there, you can transfer the zucchini into a bowl and add in the rest of the wet/dry ingredients.
This recipe comes together so easily you could make it every week in the summer…or even twice a week! It’s so tasty and sneakily adds some veggies to a deliciously cakey loaf.
I hope you try this recipe and if you do, please don’t forget to find me on Instagram to let me know how you liked it!
- 1.5 cups of zucchini (shredded if not blending!)
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup plant based yogurt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips plus extra to top
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a high powered blender combine chopped zucchini and cornstarch and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and add yogurt and melted butter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in another bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until a batter forms, then transfer to loaf pan.
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until knife comes clean.