Easter is just around the corner and as a relatively new vegan in Canada, there aren’t very many vegan chocolate or candy options around without costing an arm and a leg! If you’re like me and like finding “accidentally” vegan products then you’re in luck with these vegan chocolate candy cups!
Now, there is a way to make these completely certified vegan, but can we be real for a second? A lot of the products out there that have this certification are a bit on the pricier side- and while I do prefer to support these growing businesses, I do like to create my own recipes using non-specialty items from time to time!
These vegan chocolate candy cups are sooo customizable- you can include whatever you’d like to them! If you’re a big savoury and sweet person, you could add popcorn or seasoned nuts. In this case, I added vegan marshmallows, pretzels, Swedish berries and fuzzy peaches! I cut some of the fuzzy peaches up to make them smaller and I also broke the pretzels up so I could add more pieces.
For the chocolate, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips which, depending on the brand, generally don’t contain dairy. In this instance I used the Enjoy Life brand which is readily available at stores such as Superstore, Save on Foods & Walmart.
To fill the muffin liners and freeze the candy cups, I used a muffin pan, but if you wanted to make a bar, you could use a loaf pan lined with parchment paper as well! Be sure to “bury” your candy into the chocolate so that when you break the chocolate or bite into it, you have lots of candy mixed in!
- 1 pkg non dairy semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pkg maynards fuzzy peaches
- 1 pkg maynards swedish berries
- 1 pkg mini pretzels
- 1 pkg dandies mini marshmallows
- In a microwave safe bowl, pour the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Line the muffin cups with 6 muffin liners, or line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of chocolate into each cup.
- Generously add the toppings into each cup, making sure that you are pushing candy down into the bottom of the cups for an even mix of chocolate to candy.
- Place muffin tray into the freezer for 20 minutes. Remove from freezer and allow to warm up slightly before eating!
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g