These vegan cheddar scones come together quickly and will be a hit in your home!
Vegan Cheddar Scones
Looking for something deliciously savoury and versatile? Try these vegan cheddar scones! They come together quickly and are the perfect addition to a lunch spread or a stew for dinner!
Our family simply adores bread so this recipe has become a staple in our home. You could even make some delicious sandwiches with these scones for your kids lunches!
- my favourite cheese to use is Violife brand – available at most local grocery stores, any vegan cheese will do!
- this recipe works best with Becel plant based bricks as the butter – it’s neutral in flavor and all my bakes come out perfectly!
What You’ll Need for this Recipe:
- all purpose flour
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- baking powder
- plant based butter (preferably Becel)
- mature cheddar (preferably Violife)
- plant based milk (I use soy)
I hope you try this recipe and it becomes one of your favorites too! Feel free to leave a comment or message me on Instagram with any questions you may have!
- 4 cups (10 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 c Becel unsalted baking plant-based butter
- 1 pkg Violife Mature Cheddar style slices
- 1 1/2 cup dairy free milk
Preheat oven to 425°F
1. Combine flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Crumble cold Becel butter with fingers until mixture becomes sandy.
3. Slice cheese in to strips vertically and then again horizontally until small pieces are achieved. Stir into mixture, then add milk and mix until dough forms.
4. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead into a ball.
5. Divide ball of into 2 portions and place onto a pan lined with parchment, then flatten into a round disc, about 8” in size.
6. Slice into 6 wedges and space them apart on the pan.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g