These glazed lemon donuts are going to be the talk of all of your gatherings! Perfectly sweetened and lemon-y!
The Best Glazed Lemon Cake Donuts
Spring days are coming and there’s nothing more refreshing than lemon flavored anything! I know I love the smell of lemon essential oils diffusing in my home for that bright and fresh scent. It’s even better when that lemon fragrance is coming from the oven! These glazed lemon cake donuts are going to be a hit in your home from this point on!
This recipe (as always) is egg and dairy free and FULL of lemony flavor! That’s because it’s liquid content is essentially just freshly squeezed juice from a lemon. Have you seen my lemon juice hack? Click here to watch it!
If you don’t have a donut pan, you could double this recipe and make approximately 6 cupcakes or click here for the donut pan I use!
These glazed lemon cake donuts are:
- Made in one bowl
- Big in lemon flacor
- made with basic ingredients you have at home
- incredibly DELICIOUS!
Let’s bake shall we!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (for color)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease donut pat.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for the batter and stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Spoon batter into donut pan until half full or load batter into a piping bag and pipe into donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool before removing from pan.
- In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice and icing sugar for the glaze. Dip each donut and dip donuts into glaze. Sprinkle lemon zest and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g