Winter is just around the corner and the house is filling up with the cozy scent of cinnamon! While people tend to put the idea of pumpkins out of their minds after Halloween, pumpkin flavoured anything is the definition of the season. I’m not a PSL person by any means, but this Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Spiced Holiday Nog Glaze will make anyone ask for another slice!
This cake has notes of gingerbread with the traditional spices and a subtle pumpkin finish. What really ties it all together is the Holiday Nog glaze! Never heard of Holiday Nog? Well friends, prepare to put down the eggnog and starting the car to stock up on Holiday Nog. This one in particular is a coconut milk based “egg nog”. It is so full of flavour and just enough creaminess. SO SO GOOD!
You may also like my Spiced Peach & Caramel Topped Pancakes
This recipe can be made without a stand mixer as there is no butter to cream into the sugar. Instead, we use coconut oil to give moisture while keeping good stucture to the cake itself. As a bonus, this recipe is egg and dairy free and easily gluten free too. You could also turn this recipe into a stacked cake if you don’t own a bundt cake pan.
For my friends south of the border, this is the perfect centrepiece for your upcoming Thanksgiving festivities. In charge of dessert for a potluck? This cake is perfect for that too and even a good pair with your next morning’s coffee 😉
Without further ado, lets make some cake!
Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Spiced Holiday Nog Glaze
- 11/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 can pumpkin pie mix (15oz)
- 11/2 cup Holiday Nog
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup Holiday Nog
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly coat a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine sugars and coconut oil and mix until combined.
- Measure holiday nog in a measuring cup and add apple cider vinegar, mix and allow to sit for 3-5 mins.
- Open and empty the contents of one can of pumpkin pie mix to the sugar and oil.
- In separate bowl, mix spices, flour, baking powder and soda.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and holiday nog mixture to the pumpkin mixture until well combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into greased bundt pan and bake for 40-50 mins or until tester knife has a soft crumb.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake from pan and allow to cool completely, then cover to retain moisture.
- In a small bowl mix icing sugar, nog and nutmeg until a smooth glaze is formed.
- Once cake is cooled, drizzle over cake.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Add this pin to your dessert board to make this recipe to make later:
This post is sponsored by Choices Markets.