Make this easy recipe with those overripe bananas! It comes together quickly and easily!
How To Make The Best & Delicious Vegan Banana Bread
In our household there are two ways we eat bananas. By the boatload or none at all. 😂🥴 The latter always means theres banana bread on the horizon! This recipe comes together easily and it’s likely you have all the ingredients you need in your fridge & pantry.
I prefer my banana bread to be more on the drier side; as in there aren’t any slimy banana bits in there, so if you’re part of the same camp, you’re going to love this recipe.
A few notes about this recipe:
- soy milk makes this recipe turn out beautifully thanks to its fat/protein content- if you like soy milk, it’s your best bet for baking. Other plant milks will work too, but may not rise as nicely
- the sugar has already been reduced in this recipe- reducing further will make this unsweetened
- you can use one type of sugar if you prefer, though i find the brown sugar adds to the moisture of the banana bread
- you can sub gluten free flour for this recipe!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. It usually disappears as soon as it comes out of the oven!
Best Vegan Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan butter melted or neutral oil
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mash bananas, then add sugars, butter, milk until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder .
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips here if desired.
- Transfer to a 9” baking loaf lined with parchment and bake for 45-55 mins or until a knife test comes clean.
- Cool for 15 mins then slice and store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g