These easy vegan snickers bars will satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re easy to make!
Everyone loves a good chocolate bar that they can sink their teeth into. Going vegan can make this satisfying moment a distant memory as there really aren’t any vegan chocolate bars out there that replicate the ones you remember. But who says you can’t make them from scratch at home?! These easy vegan snickers bars are so dang good you’ll be able to bring back those memories again!
What I love most about this recipe is that the caramel tastes just like a traditional recipe- its thick and chewy and you could probably even make them into little candies on its own. It’s so important to have a tasty caramel for a snickers recipe and this one (in my humble opinion) definitely has it!
This recipe works best if you have an 8×8 pan as you get the perfect ratio of cookie to caramel and chocolate. You could also use a traditional loaf pan as well but note that each layer will be thicker! (might not actually be a bad thing! LOL)
A few notes for this recipe:
- flash freeze the dough for about 5 minutes before flattening it into the pan- the dough is a touch sticky but you don’t want to add any more flour otherwise it will crumble after baking
- refrigerate the caramel and peanuts after pouring for about 30 minutes- the caramel may lighten in color, this is normal!
- slice the sheet into bars and then flash freeze again for another 5 minutes before dipping into chocolate
Let’s get baking!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour (can use gluten free)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl combine softened butter, icing sugar, vanilla until light and fluffy. (You can use a stand mixer if you wish but not necessary!)
- Add in flour and mix until a nice dough is formed.
- Flash freeze the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Press dough into prepared pan and poke holes to prevent air pockets from forming.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a sauce pan mix granulated sugar, coconut cream and corn syrup and butter.
- Cook caramel without stirring and check temperature with a candy thermometer until it reads 250ºF. Then whisk in vanilla extract and pour immediately into pan with cookie base.
- Sprinkle peanuts evenly over caramel, then refrigerate until cool.
- Remove pan from fridge and carefully lift parchment out to slice the square into bars.
- Flash freeze the bars for another 5 minutes so they are firm for dipping.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted.
- Place a bar on a fork and gently dip the bar into the chocolate. Tap off the excess and place on to a wire rack to harden.
- Repeat the last step until all bars are coated. Place bars in an airtight container and store in a cool dry place or in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g