This easy 3 ingredient chocolate chia pudding will have you and your kiddos looking forward to snack time!
Easy & Delicious 3 Ingredient Chocolate Chia Pudding
I have forgotten how much our family loves chia pudding. When we switched over to a vegan lifestyle, I had pinned just about every tasty looking treat to my Pinterest board so I wouldn’t lose the kids enthusiasm over changing up the food we eat.
Though you can make a traditional pudding vegan style, this one is definitely a much better choice based on the nutrition facts of chia seeds: the star of this 3 ingredient chocolate chia pudding recipe!
In this recipe we use a pre-made chocolate syrup and trade off with unsweetened soy milk to balance the sugar content. Of course, if that’s not your jam, you are welcome to substitute with cocoa powder and maple syrup for the chocolate component!
Per serving this recipe has:
- 8 grams of protein (if using soy milk)
- 45.5% of your daily recommended iron (as per package information per ingredient)
- 200 calories
And it’s so filling too! Because chia seeds expand in the milk, they create these delicious mini boba-like bits in the pudding which makes for a hearty snack.
You can get creative with your chia pudding too! Simply swap out the chocolate syrup and replace it with cut up fruits or fruit sauces or change up the plant milk to almond or coconut for a different flavor!
To Substitute the Chocolate Syrup:
If you would prefer to keep this more whole food, you can substitute the chocolate syrup and replace it with:
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as our family does. Don’t forget to leave a comment or tag me over on Instagram!
- 2 tbsp whole chia seeds,, can be white or black
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate syrup,, I used Nesquick!
- 1/2 cup soy milk,, any plant milk will do (but soy has highest protein content)
- In a small jar, combine chia seeds, chocolate syrup and milk.
- Close lid on jar and shake well to mix. Be sure that there are no clumps of chia stuck to the bottom or sides of the jar.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight to allow chia seeds to expand.
- Stir well before eating to ensure that the chia seeds are well distributed throughout!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g