Ready to make the BEST Vegan Garden burgers?! Stop the presses! You’re in the right place! Period. This recipe is delicious and easy to put together and will have your whole family asking for seconds!
If you’re anything like me and you’re vegan then you were devastated at the fact that you could no longer eat the Money’s Mushroom burger. 😭 It’s like whyyyy does everything have to have dairy and eggs in it?! LOL! Well you can now fulfill that void with these easy to make vegan garden burgers!
These burgers are essentially completely whole foods with the exception of adding a non dairy cheese to the patty. You could choose to omit it if you like but I like the nostalgia of adding it!
Best Vegan Garden Burger
The most delicious burger veganized! Make these ahead of time and keep them in your freezer for the easiest meal idea!
- 6 cups white mushrooms finely diced
- 1 med yellow onion finely diced
- 2 flax eggs (1 egg = 1 tbsp ground flax, 3 tbsp water)
- 1 cup quick cook oats, soaked in 1/2 cup of water then drained
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheddar style (Violife is what we love!)
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare rice by cooking then cooling. Soak oatmeal in water. Once oatmeal has expanded, drain any excess water.
- In a frying pan saute the mushrooms and onions until moisture has evaporated and slightly golden brown. Allow to cool
- In a bowl, combine rice, flax mixture, oatmeal, sauteed mushrooms & onions, all seasonings, cheese and cornstarch. If your mixture is too chunky feel free to chop it in a food processor.
- Chill mixture for about 15 minutes to allow for easier handling.
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of the mixture and create a patty and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 12 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Heat via bbq or frying pan and serve on a burger bun with all your favorite toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g